We have done a ton of home shows thought the years and without fail this is the most common question that I get asked. So, let’s run though the differences between the two.
First of all: Alarms are not bad! They just don’t do the whole job.
- most alarms are easily disabled (by cutting the phone line or ripping the alarm box out of the wall) making them at that point useless.
- when they aren’t disabled they also suffer from being very low priority calls for police officers (because over 90% of calls are false alarms) meaning that it can easily take over 20 minutes for the police to arrive at the scene; more than enough time for the burglar to be long gone.
Unfortunately, because of these reasons alarm systems have stopped being a major deterrent for burglars. Who now know they simply have to change the way they break in to deal with them.
This is where our products step in!
We have a wide variety of different products but they have all been developed with a single purpose in mind. That purpose is to keep people out! We do this in a number of ways:
- On our security screen doors we use a series of vault pins on the inside of the frame so that it cannot be removed when locked even if all exterior screws are removed. We also put a double deadbolt lock on the door so that a key is necessary to unlock it from both sides.
- On our exterior window guards we fill all screws with a two part epoxy so they cannot be easily unscrewed.
- And on our interior window guards we caulk the entire frame of our window guard to the frame of your window to make it as though it is one piece. This increases the strength of the bar and makes it so the bar cannot be easily removed even if the screws are taken out.
Now this brings me to the upside of alarms; although they aren’t overly effective on their own when used in conjunction with our products it creates a situation where they cannot easily get in and they are on a strict time limit. In our experience this has proven to be the most effective way to discourage people from breaking in.